Friday, September 29, 2006

Travel and Peace Organisations

Hello every one,

Yes I am back, thank Allah I am able to continue with this blog. It has been a few months since I wrote my last blog. You will know that I have been busy with very many family festivities, attending and preparing for family member weddings. All this drained my energy and has an effect on my health. So I took some rest. Everyone should take a rest when he needs one.

I wish to share with you that one of my interests is travel. I belong to a few travel and peace organisations. One such peace organisation is SERVAS. Members of SERVAS try to achieve peace and understanding among its members through becoming hosts to travelling guests. This organisation was founded about 50 years ago by an American who was then travelling in Europe. He started a network of members consisting of hosts and travellers, who through travelling, try to understand each other's cultures and peculiarities; and try to achieve peace through this understanding. If you are interested to know more about this organisation, please go to the SERVAS link. This organisation now has members all over the world. If you want to be a member, you need to be interviewed by an officiated member. This is to enable the organisation to know you better and to inform you what are your responsibilities in being a member.

Another travel club that I belong to is Global Free Loaders. This travel club was initiated by an Australian who loves travelling and wanting to meet more local people during his travels. This is a deaper experience than the normal superficial hotel stay and tour packages in bus coaches. In the Global Free Loaders website, one may apply to be a member and then find hosts in most parts of the world.

A young German boy who was bitten by the travel bug after completing his one year AFS student exchange experience in the USA, started another travel club called the Hospitality Club. Now this organisation has grown and members can be found all over the world. One can join this organisation through its Hospitality Club website.You just need to apply your membership through the internet, and membership is free.

Yesterday I received an email from a fellow member of Hospitality Club from Kuala Lumpur. He informed me that he and a foreigner guest of his will be travelling to the states of Kelantan and Terengganu this December. He requested that I supply him with information on suitable hotels, restaurants and places of interests in Kota Bharu Kelantan and also in Terengganu. First I need to do some research on hotels, restaurants and places of interest in Kota Bharu Kelantan and in Terenganu. After that I shall send him the information. I shall share the results of my effort with you in my coming postings.

Don't forget to come back, and I hope to see you soon on this blog.

From Abdullah Che Tengah, Kota Bharu, Kelantan, Malaysia.